Thursday, January 31, 2013

Putting Pinterest to the Test... It rhymes. Wow...

I am dreaming of warm weather and the days I can take my little dreamboat backpacking in the Uintas again:


Damn straight he carries his own pack... seriously though, is that the cutest thing ever?  A bulldog who can go backpacking?  Cutest. Thing. Ever.

This week's wrap-up is going to be crazy full of bulldog heaven, y'all, because Cooper is coming to be babysat tomorrow for a WEEK!  


Snow pics will be coming shortly.  We have buttloads of snow right now and I have never seen a pup who loves snow like little Copper Cottontail (he hops down stairs- because he's too heavy to just walk- like a great, fat bunny).

At any rate, let's get to the point, shall we?  First, I bought a new package of Dr. Dennis Gross's alpha-Beta Daily Face Peel 


It came with 3 samples of the Extra Strength version.  I tried one today and so far the only difference I've noticed is that it smells different in neither a good, nor bad way.  I'll let you know if anything miraculous, or even semi-interesting happens.   

In other news, I am trying out two things I saw on Pinterest.  The first is sort of a mash-up of things I've heard to do separately that apparently comes from Dr. Oz.  Is this guy credible?  I mean, I understand that he's Oprah's right hand man, but knowing that this was also the case with "Dr." Phil- whom I have always found a bit loathsome- does not fill me with a sense of security.  Whatevs.  So, one to three times a day I have been drinking ~8oz of grapefruit juice with ~2tbsp of apple cider vinegar and a heaping tsp of honey.  It's supposed to help you lose weight and blahblahblah.  All I know is that I have been hearing about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar practically my whole life and grapefruit in general seems to be a hot topic when it comes to weight loss lately.  For me, the honey is just there to make it taste less gross.  I can vouch that I feel more full with less food when I do this, which is good because I am totally a binge eater... like a one big meal a day kinda gal.  This is something I am trying to change.  

The second thing I am trying is a gigantic pain in my genetically cellulite-y butt.  It's called oil pulling and it claims all kinds of wondrous benefits like weight loss, detox, teeth whitening, better hair, better sleep, and perfect skin.  I am kind of buying the whole teeth bit after some online research.  Usually I am really skeptical about my online "research", but swishing coconut oil around for 20 minutes every morning isn't going to kill me, and... what if?  What if my genetically disadvantaged teeth became stronger, less sensitive, and WHITE?! Well, hand me the coconut oil.  This is really a tedious process, but I don't mind it too much. The How-to.  I am also making sure to floss right before bed.  I tried "pulling" last night before I realized that best results should be achieved in the morning.  I did it again this morning.  Will update with any progress.


Do you have any tricks for general health, detox, weight control, what-have you?  Please share in the comments.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment